Industry Partner Groups (IPGs)
IPGs are the vital link to our primary industries. These are talented specialists who give their time and experience to Primary ITO, advising on training, qualification review and development, industry events and research. They ensure we remain relevant, future focused and directly involved with the ever-changing nature of their industries.
Sheep, Beef & Deer
Rhonda has been Sheep & Beef farming for 28 years. Two years ago she converted 310 hectares to a dairy unit and now runs the two operations alongside each other.
Along with working full time on the farm, Rhonda is mentoring small businesses in South Otago. She holds a National Diploma in Agribusiness Management and a Bachelor in Applied Management (Business Transformation & Change). Rhonda was a Diploma Tutor at Telford Rural Polytechnic prior to its merge with Lincoln University – where she is now helping them develop their e-learning programme.
Rhonda believes the Sheep, Beef & Deer industries need more specific training developed for their requirements. Owners and operators need to be able to access funded training under the same enrolment conditions as those in the Dairy industry.
Contact Rhonda Bamford on email@example.com.
- Barry Pullin
- Anne Munro
- Doug Macredie
- Rick Powdrell
- Tony Pearse
- Greg Crombie
- Richard Morrison
- Kirsten Bryant
- Miles Anderson
- David Jefferd
- Terry Copeland
Contact Rick Powdrell on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rick Powdrell
- David Carr
- Barry Pullin
- Brendon Mahony
- Peter Taylor
- Stuart Munro
- Mark Illston
- Mark Barrowcliffe
- Bruce Abbott
- Grant Murdoch
- Jamie McConachie
- Struan Hulme
- Philippa Wright
- Miles Anderson
Adam joined the board of the NZ Horticulture ITO in 2002 as the representative of the landscaping industry. He then went on to be appointed chair in 2006 and continued in this role until the merger with AgITO.
Adam is a past president of the Landscaping Industries Association of New Zealand. Adam is Managing Director of a landscape business in Christchurch and has a number of trainees working through the ITO training system.
Contact Adam Pollard on email@example.com.
- Adam Pollard
- Hort Maintenance & Management - Clint Jensen
- Amenity - Shaun Rice
- Landscape - Stuart Baines
- Queenstown Lakes District Council - Diana Manson
- Arboriculture - Rick Mexted
- Arboriculture - Cameron Mitchell
- Auckland City Council - Sally Sheedy
- Downer - Amanda Davies
- Humphreys Landscaping Ltd - Lutz Hartge
- Independent - Kim Wood
Matt joins NZPPI from his recent role as Business Manager for Horticulture NZ, where amongst other things he’s managed Horticulture NZ’s “Growsafe” and “NZGAP” businesses, innovating and delivering exceptional results for its growers
Earlier in his career Matt has worked in a variety of senior Grower Liaison and Technical Management roles - both here and offshore - for primary industry organisations such as T&G/ENZA International and Silver Fern Farms.
Contact Matt Dolan on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matt Dolan
- Carol Fraser
- NGINZ, HITO - Mark Dean
- Coast Lands Plant Nursery Ltd - Jo Bonner
Avocado and Kiwifruit
Nikki is the CEO of New Zealand Kiwifruit Growers Incorporated (NZKGI). She has a technical background with plant science training underpinning over 20 years’ experience in the horticultural and arable industries.
Her role as Chair is a key part of NZKGI’s education strategy in identifying the industries training needs to attract, retain and develop it members.
Contact Nikki Johnson on email@example.com.
- Nikki Johnson
- NZKGI - Katy McGinity
- Trevelyans - Jodi Johnstone
- SEEKA - Phillipa Diluzio
- SEEKA - Jim Smith
- DMS - Lisa Bigham
- DMS - Phillipa Wright
- Aongatete - Ali Lawn
- Eastpack - Heather Burton
- Apata - Sheryl Thorcolich
- Apata - Chris Alderson
- Hume Pack N Cool - Mark Hume
- Hume Pack N Cool - Kate Hume
- NZ Avocado - Bevan Jelley
- OPAC - Sonia McAllister
- Baygold Ltd - Keiran Harvey
- MPAC - Donna Little
- EHC - Adam Franklin
- Mat Johnston Management & Contracting - Kris Johnston
- Groplus - Andrew Scott
Contact Erin Simpson on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gary Jones
- Hawkes Bay Fruitgrowers Association - Erin Simpson
- Crasborn & Qmacs - Hans Doevendans
- Palmer Orchards Ltd - Ian Palmer
- JRs Orchards - Jaimee Burns
- HortNZ - Jerf van Beek
- Apollo Apples Ltd - Kristen Nash
- Len Thompson
- Hawkes Bay Fruitgrowers Association - Lesley Wilson
- Vailima Orchard - Matthew Hoddy
- Mr Apple - Rachelle Hayes
- Taylor Corp - Steve Anderson
- Steve Potbury
Julie has over 20 years HR experience across multiple industries, both private and public.
The last six years of her career has been in the role of Senior Vice President Human Resources for Constellation Brands, New Zealand’s Leading Wine Company. In this role Julie supports all functions of the organisation across both NZ and Australia, with HR and communications activities. With a passion for developing people to their full potential and ensuring learning is embedded into work place practices, Julie has been partnering with the ITO since joining Constellation Brands to provide meaningful development opportunities for employees.
Contact Julie Bassett on email@example.com.
- Julie Bassett
- NZ Wine - Nicola Crennan
- Caythorpe Farm Ltd - Simon Bishell
- Indevin - Andy Dodds
- Mission Estate Winery - Steve Wheeler
- Cloudy Bay NZ - John Flanagan
- Hortus - Aaron Jay
- Villa Maria - John van der Linden
- Seasonal Solutions Coop Ltd - Helen Axby
- Pernod-Ricard - David Allen
Equine & Racing
Contact Wendy Cooper on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wendy Cooper
- NZ Jockeys Association - Dave Taylor
- NZ Thoroughbred Breeders Association - Vicki Pascoe
- NZ Thoroughbred Trainers Association - Wendy Cooper
- NZ Standardbred Breeders Association - Brad Reid
- Jockey Rep. - Anna Jones
- Harness Racing New Zealand - Natalie Gameson
- NZ Thoroughbred Racing - Chris Watson
- NZ Racing Board - Bill de la Mare
- Greyhound Racing - Mairi Stewart
Nicky is an HR Manager and currently leads Oceania Dairy’s People and Capability strategy as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Nicky has a strong knowledge of dairy industry training having worked at Westland Milk Products in a Learning & Development Role and was part of the TROQ process prior to Oceania. Nicky has a proven track record of providing critical specialist, operational and strategic training expertise. Nicky is extremely motivated, with a commitment to building strong qualification and career pathways that will meet industry need.
Contact Nicky Cooper on email@example.com.
- Nicky Cooper
- Oceania - Trish Terpstra
- Westland - Angela Scott
- Miraka - Aleesha Price
- Fonterra - Amanda Kennard
- Goodman Fielder - Pam Blacktopp
- Westland - Caro Findlay
- Dairy Goats Cooperative - Andrew MacAllister
- Dairy Goats Cooperative - Gary Stols
- Goodman Fielder - Ian Tucker
- Synlair - Tess Martin
- Synlait - Anthony Moess
- Yashili - Tina Yakas
Meat & Leather Processing
Contact Nicola Bickers on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nicola Bickers
- Ovation NZ Ltd - Allan Jack
- Taylor Preston Ltd - Carolyn Thomson
- Alliance Group Ltd - Karen Watson
- Meat Industry Association - Paul Goldstone
- Anzco Foods - Peter Sugrue
- Silver Fern Farms - Nicola Bickers
- AFFCO New Zealand Ltd - Keith Gibson
- Auckland Meat - Kerryn Gregory
- ANZCO Foods - Lisa Hudson
Contact Cathy Webb on email@example.com.
- Cathy Webb
- Aquaculture NZ - Gary Hooper
- New Zealand King Salmon - Michael Anderson
- Maclab - Robert Stack
- Talleys - Tiffany McGill
- Foodstuffs North Island - Philip Read
- Sanford - Nikki Iuli
- Sealord - Wendy Walker
- Pelco - Sarah Tavendale
Peter Boyd has been involved in the sports turf industry for over 30 years. He is currently a Golf Course Superintendent at Pakuranga Golf Club (Auckland) where he has trained many successful trainees.
Peter was on the New Zealand Golf Course Superintendents Association (NZGCSA) board for eight years, followed by six years as President of the NZGCSA. He has been heavily involved in the Auckland Superintendents Association. Peter was a board member of the Sports Turf ITO for six years before the merger that formed Primary ITO. He has recently completed a Level 5 Sports Turf qualification.
The retention of good robust training, delivered by quality providers to meet industry needs is essential. We need to continually encourage new trainees into our industry, but also maintain and build on the high standards that have been set. New models and technology like e-learning are essential, but we must make sure we don’t lose contact with our people and the personal touch.
Contact Peter Boyd on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Peter Boyd
- Recreational Services - Brett Turner
- Bay of Plenty Cricket Trust - Jared Carter
- BNZGA - Maurice Symes
- Manawatu District Council - Carl Johnstone
- Eden Park Trust - Aaron O'Connell
Contact Stuart Taylor on email@example.com.
- Stuart Taylor
- DairyNZ - Ben Allomes
- Federated Farmers - Wayne Langford
- Independent - Jeremy Duckmanton
- NZ Young Farmers - Terry Copeland
- Independent - Tangaroa Walker
- Independent - Louise Cullen
- Independent - Greg Crombie
- Dairy NZ - Greg Murrow
- Landcorp - Jack Raharuhi
- Independent - Kathryn van den Beuken