We are carefully following Ministry of Health advice on Covid-19 (coronavirus). We will continue to monitor and assess the risk of Covid-19 to off-job delivery of training and how we engage with you in terms of workplace visits. We have stringent health measures in place to ensure the wellbeing of our own people and the people we work with.
The most important thing for all of us to do is to ensure we are putting in place basic hygiene measures such as:
- Hand hygiene – washing hands regularly with soap and water, or cleansing with hand sanitiser.
- Staying at home if you are sick.
- Coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow and then performing hand hygiene.
- Cleaning surfaces regularly.
If you are feeling unwell and develop a fever, cough or shortness of breath, please contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453 or contact your GP.
Primary ITO have implemented the following actions to help manage the risks associated with Covid-19.
Immediate actions in relation to class days:
- Our tutors will ensure that desks, chairs and door-handles in training rooms will be wiped down with appropriate sanitiser and that all trainees and staff will wash their hands-on arrival at the venue.
- If you are sick or feel sick, please let your training adviser know and do not attend class.
- If you have recently returned from overseas you are required to self-isolate for 14 days. Please let your training adviser know and do not attend class.
In the future if greater risk management of Covid-19 is required we may implement further steps listed below. You will be advised if any of these measures are adopted.
Potential future actions relating to class days if Covid-19 management requires:
- The use of a digital platform such as Zoom, or Skype for Business where you might join a virtual classroom. Should this be needed your tutor would set up the digital meeting space and you would be asked to ‘join’ from your digital device. Your tutor will contact you to help you understand requirements should this be required.
- The development of podcasts or webinars to deliver the learning required to ensure progression and continuity is another option being considered.
- Training may be deferred if we are not able to mitigate the risks of classroom delivery appropriately.
Update on workplace visits:
We will continue to contact you when required to arrange workplace visits (including assessments). It is likely in most cases this will continue as normal in the short-term but depending on the level of risk it may require changes to the way we engage with you. Please advise Primary ITO staff:
- If you, your colleagues, housemates or family are sick or feel sick.
- If you have recently returned from overseas and are required to self-isolate for 14-days.
In such cases the following action may be taken:
- Potential to arrange a phone, Skype/Zoom or similar digital visit.
- Potential to defer a visit until a later date.