Looking for a career in the primary sector and want to get qualified? Are you worried that your reading, writing or math skills aren’t up to scratch?
Get in touch or call us on 0800 20 80 20 to discuss how we can support you in your career in the primary sector.
Options include having a volunteer mentor, using digital tools or technology, or even being assessed verbally. We are a dyslexia-friendly organisation with a focus on learner achievement. Check out our Helping You Succeed booklet, and talk to our team about how we can support you.
Rural Youth and Adult Literacy Trust (RYALT) is a non-profit organisation that assists adults and teenagers living in rural areas (or who are otherwise isolated) with literacy and numeracy. Tuition is free and our tutors can coach you over the phone or Skype.
Resources to support trainees or staff with literacy & numeracy challenges
- Literacy & Numeracy Best Practice Guidebook
- How to recognise Dyslexia in Adults
- Best practice Guide – Positive Features of Dyslexia
- Best practice Guide – Tutors & Teachers
- Best practice Guide – Employers
- Helping you succeed handbook
- Pathways Awarua is a free and fun way of learning online
Training handbooks in different languages: