Grow your business
Primary Services & Food Processing
FREE Apprenticeships and Training
As part of the Covid-19 economic recovery package, the Government established the Targeted Training and Apprenticeships Fund (TTAF). This provides new funding for eligible programmes in targeted areas to assist industry recovery and growth and aims to lead to job creation and retention.
From 1 July 2020, the Government will cover training fees until 31 December 2022 for training in many of our primary sector industries. See below for more and conditions.
The list of programmes eligible for Free Trades Training is available to view here. Please note, this is not a full and final list and will be updated as new programmes become eligible. If you have any questions regarding whether your current or anticipated training is covered by the Free Trades Training fund, please contact us here.
We have received the TTAF criteria from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC). This is for eligible Primary ITO programmes where the costs of PTE’s, affiliated training providers and independent assessors sit with employers (within the Primary ITO Primary Services and Food Processing sectors).
For those companies who use their own employed workplace trainers and assessors, the current completion payment system and rates will continue to apply.
Currently employed and want to enrol in free training or an apprenticeship?
Check out the frequently asked questions below for more information and then get in touch with us so we can discuss your training needs.
Currently employed and already enrolled with us?
You may be eligible for a refund of fees that you have already paid. Please see the frequently asked questions below for more information
Are you an employer wanting to know more about the Apprenticeship Boost?
If you are taking on an apprentice or have one currently, you may be eligible for a subsidy. Click here to learn more.
*Conditions: Free Trades Training applies for training during 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2022. Only eligible programmes accessible by the link above apply. Annual fees may also apply for training continuing after 1 January 2023. Normal training agreement conditions also apply upon enrolment.
Are you an employer wanting more detail about our Primary Services and Food Processing programmes?
Follow the links below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent Assessor and Affiliated Provider Policy
Following approval from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC), Primary ITO can now confirm the TTAF policy for independent assessors and affiliated providers. The policy below gives details on this and how to claim back fees.
TTAF covers fees from 1 July 2020 until 31 December 2022.
Employers reimbursement invoices for provider costs – Direct Training
Employers who pay providers directly for training of their employees will be able to claim these costs from Primary ITO if the following criteria is met.
The provider will continue to invoice the employer at the same schedule rate of fees as currently charged. Any increase in fees will require TEC approval before Primary ITO will reimburse the extra pricing charged.
The employer will provide proof of payment made to the provider, and copies of the providers invoices, before Primary ITO will reimburse the employer.
The trainee has been enrolled into a TTAF eligible programme with Primary ITO
The provider charges an invoice for the learner in accordance with their standard fee schedule. Fees cannot be changed because the TEC is covering the fees.
The provider must issue an invoice or credit note to the employer with the following information:
- Trainee Name
- Period the invoice covers
- Programme the learner is enrolled in
- Reason why withdrawn (for credit notes only)
The employer must complete a declaration with every invoice for provider cost reimbursement.
The employer invoice and the provider invoice are to be in a single electronic document emailed to email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
Primary ITO will manage conditions set out by TEC as the funder of TTAF.
The final terms and conditions are still being set by TEC and may be updated.
- To use a Primary ITO registered independent assessor/affiliated provider that has scope to assess. If in doubt, this can be confirmed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The learner must be enrolled in a Primary ITO programme of industry training approved under TTAF by TEC.
- Results for the learner must be reported through Primary ITO.
- You must have paid your provider/assessor invoice.
Independent Assessor/Affiliated Provider fees
- The learner must have been enrolled into a TTAF-approved Primary ITO programme of industry training after 1 July 2020.
- The assessment took place with the learner after 1 July 2020.
- Prior to this date the cost will sit with the learner or employer.
- As set out by TEC in the rules and conditions, if a learner does not complete their programme of industry training, the assessing or provider costs covered under TTAF will have to be paid back.
- Invoicing to Primary ITO must follow the process outlined on the above policy.