Providers and Assessors
Apply for Consent to Assess
If you would like consent to assess or increase your consent against Primary ITO's unit standards, you need to apply to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) - but first, you must seek support from Primary ITO.
We will assess your organisation's capacity and capability to deliver our unit standards by evaluating the documents and evidence that support your application. If you meet our industry requirements, you'll receive a letter of support from us to submit with your application.
- Complete the Consent to Assess application form.
- Gather your supporting documentation. This should include:
- A copy of your Quality Management System document - your organisation will have a copy of this.
- A detailed response to our Consent and Moderation Requirements (CMRs).
- Anything else that will assist us in making our decision e.g. evidence of staff qualifications, letters of support from industry etc.
- Send the completed form and documentation to Quality Team, Primary ITO, PO Box 10-383, Wellington 6143 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a letter of support is received, submit this along with your formal application to NZQA.
- Administration fee - $75.00 per application.
- Evaluation of documentation - $120.00.
- Evaluation of documentation plus consent to assess visit (based on one day) - $400.00 per panellist.
- $0.72 mileage (per km) + travel and accommodation.
- Reimbursement for 'actual and reasonable' travel and accommodation expenses will be charged.
- All prices exclude GST.