Teachers & Careers Advisers
The Gateway programme encompasses theory and practical unit standards between Levels 1 and 3. Theory work is reinforced with real-life industry work experience, giving students a taste of what a career in the primary sector is truly like.
Currently, we offer packages of learning across the sectors listed below:
- Dairy farming
- Sheep and beef
- Sports turf
Our services to schools
As part of the programme, we're proud to offer the following services to schools:
- Comprehensive learning and resource packages for school students
- Assisting schools in getting to know your local industry employer
- Helping students make career decisions
- Assisting with industry placements
- Assessment of practical unit standards
- Assistance with field trips.
Help with work experience
As part of our Gateway packages, we can assist your school with placing your students in a primary industry work placement. We have both the contacts and knowledge to help match a student to the right work placement. This work placement can lead to future employment within the primary sector, often within the same workplace.
Ordering Gateway packages
To get started, go to our Print Room's online store and create a new account. Once you're set up you'll be able to select the Gateway programme we offer to make up packages of learning for your students.