New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture - Dairy Farming
Level of study
Cost (incl GST)
Learners must be employed in the sector and with a minimum 2 years' experience on a farm.
*May be eligible for Government Support including Fees Free. Learn more here.
Non-funded fee: from $8,657.34. Please note, this fee will only apply for non-funded learners – learners who are not employed in the industry, do not meet the entry requirements of the programme, or are not classed as “domestic learners” under the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) funding rules. For more information, visit the TEC website here.
This comprehensive qualification is ideal for Herd or Assistant Managers. It will enhance learners skills so they can lead the implementation of production plans.
The first topic will depend on the season, and the full programme takes 20 months to complete.
When learners finish the programme, they will be able to take responsibility for their duties and work outcomes.
- farm environment planning
- feeding, pastoral production systems and benchmarking
- milk harvesting management
- health, mating and parturition management
- maintenance and agribusiness activities.
- coordinate agribusiness activities using appropriate technology and a range of effective communication and interpersonal skills
- benchmark a farm's physical performance against data from industry high performers to identify strategies for improving farm physical and financial performance
- produce routine management reports to inform decision making for a farm production system
- take responsibility for routine maintenance of vehicles, plant, machinery, and equipment
- implement and monitor a farm environmental plan
- implement and monitor milk harvesting and milk quality plans
- implement and monitor a dairy livestock health plan
- implement and monitor a dairy livestock breeding plan
- implement and monitor a dairy livestock feeding plan.