New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture - Non-Breeding Livestock Farming
Level of study
Cost (incl GST)
Was $2,645, now $1,322.50*
Learners must be employed in the sector.
*Get up to 50% off fees in 2024, only applies to funded learner fees. Learn more here.
Non-funded fee: from $6,741.88. Please note, this fee will only apply for non-funded learners – learners who are not employed in the industry, do not meet the entry requirements of the programme, or are not classed as “domestic learners” under the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) funding rules. For more information, visit the TEC website here.
Ideally suited for those in Head Shepherd or Stock/Block Manager positions, this comprehensive non-breeding qualification will enhance learners' skills, progressing them through to step up and lead day-to-day operational activities and implementation of production plans.
- Farm Environment Planning
- Feeding Farm Production Systems and Benchmarking
- Maintenance and Agribusiness Activities
- Health management
- Production planning.
The programme is seasonally based, ideally the start dates are Feb/March or Nov/Dec.
Completion of New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture (Level 3) is strongly recommended.
By the end of this programme learners will be able to:
- benchmark own farm physical performance against data from industry high performers
- produce management reports on day to day activities for a farming production system
- take responsibility for the day to day maintenance of vehicles, plant, machinery and equipment
- assist with the management of environmental impacts on farm
- assist with the management of feed supply and demand to meet livestock production
- implement and monitor a non-breeding livestock health plan
- implement and monitor a non-breeding livestock feeding plan
- implement and monitor a non-breeding livestock production plan.