New Zealand Certificate in Arboriculture - Technical Operations strand
Level of study
Cost (incl GST)
Learners must be employed in the sector and have completed a Level 4 Arboriculture qualification.
*Non-funded fee: from $5,574.60. Please note, this fee will only apply for non-funded learners – learners who are not employed in the industry, do not meet the entry requirements of the programme, or are not classed as “domestic learners” under the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) funding rules. For more information, visit the TEC website here.
Focused on advanced tree climbing and rigging, working with cranes and felling using machine assistance, this technical programme could advance learners’ careers. For employers, having qualified staff with an increased technical skill set, could add value to securing contracts.
Graduates will be able to:
- lead, coach and manage teams
- apply arboriculture law and carry out a tree inspection
- understand tree support systems, their installation and maintenance
- understand the requirements and process of transplanting large trees using specialist equipment, and post planting care
- describe hazards of machine assisted tree felling and fell trees using machine assistance
- prepare for and undertake arboriculture work with cranes, apply risk management and hazard control
- demonstrate advanced tree climbing and undertake a simulated aerial rescue
- calculate, plan and use advanced rigging, and describe speed line system installation.