New Zealand Certificate in Distribution with optional strand in Mechanised Goods Handling
Level of study
Cost (incl GST)
10 months. Start anytime.
Learners must be employed in the sector.
This programme with an optional strand in mechanised goods handling, is designed for people who work in a distribution/warehousing operation within the primary industries and would like the opportunity to develop their confidence and capability.
Except for the Mechanised Goods Handling optional strand, both the learning and assessments are achieved entirely on-the-job with ongoing support from workplace assessors, employers and Primary ITO throughout the duration of the programme.
The optional strand in Mechanised Goods Handling is delivered as an off-job component and training for the Mechanised Goods Handling will be organised by employers.
Enrol anytime, this programme takes 10 months.
By the end of this programme graduates will be able to:
- apply health, safety and security practices to ensure own safety and minimise potential hazards for any customers and co-workers in a distribution environment
- communicate with staff, managers and customers effectively
- apply standard operating procedures and the code of conduct to a work role applicable to a distribution environment
- receive and dispatch goods in a distribution environment
- carry out store operations and inventory control in a distribution environment.
Graduates of the optional strand in Mechanised Goods will also be able to:
- use Mechanised Goods machinery and equipment in a distribution environment.