Operate a light 4WD vehicle on road - Micro-credential
Level of study
Cost (incl GST)
Learners must be employed in the sector. Restricted New Zealand Driver’s Class 1 license
*Non-funded fee from: $708.43. Please note, this fee will only apply for non-funded learners – learners who are not employed in the industry, do not meet the entry requirements of the programme, or are not classed as “domestic learners” under the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) funding rules. For more information, visit the TEC website here.
Suitable for those working with light 4WD vehicles ON road in the primary industries. This bite sized piece of learning will set learners up for the safe operation on-road, pre-start checks, trailed equipment, and different road surfaces at different speeds.
On completion of this programme, learners will be able to:
- carry out a pre-start check on a light 4WD vehicle
- carry out start-up and shut-down procedures for a light 4WD vehicle
- describe light 4WD features and dynamics
- describe safe operation of a light 4WD vehicle on road
- describe safe operation of a light 4WD vehicle on road with trailed equipment
- operate a light 4WD vehicle on different on road surfaces at different speeds.