New Zealand Apprenticeship in Fruit Production
Includes: New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture (Level 3) - Fruit Production, New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Production (Level 4) - Fruit Production
Level of study
Level 3 and Level 4
Cost (incl GST)
28 months. Start any time.
Learners must be employed in the sector.
* Vehicle, machinery and agri-chemical units available at an additional cost. May be eligible for Government Support including Fees Free. Learn more here
This progamme is for learners who have general horticulture experience and desire a career in Fruit Production.
Learners will gain skills to allow them to work in a self-managed capacity with some responsibility for other staff, and will develop knowledge of key aspects of fruit production operations.
This programme takes 28 months to complete and learners can start anytime.
The NZ Apprenticeship in Fruit Production is a composite level 3 and 4 programme.
By the end of the training, apprentices will have learned the skills to:
- supervise and provide instruction to team members using a range of effective communication and interpersonal skills
- implement and monitor fruit production operations to achieve production goals and standards, including:
- operational tasks from planting to harvesting, pruning and general canopy maintenance, pest and disease management, agrichemical use and understanding plant growing cycles
- quality standards and regulatory requirements
- production goals in a fruit production workplace
- fruit crop production activities
- fruit crop harvest plan.
- implement and monitor a fruit crop protection plan to meet production goals and standards
- implement and monitor fruit crop management techniques to optimise fruit production including:
- plant biology in a fruit production context
- plant management techniques used to optimise production.
Download and read our enrolment forms and terms and conditions