New Zealand Apprenticeship in Indoor Production
Includes: New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture (Level 3) - Indoor Production and the New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Production (Level 4) - Indoor Production
Level of study
Level 3 and Level 4
Cost (incl GST)
30 months. Start anytime.
Learners must be employed in the sector.
* Vehicle, machinery and agri-chemical units available at an additional cost. Programme part of Government’s Free Trades Training initiative which may mean a subsidised price.
Ideal for learners currently working in the industry with some general work experience and have a desire to develop a career in Indoor Production.
Skills will allow learners to work in a self-managed capacity with some responsibility for other staff and have an overview of key aspects of indoor production operations.
This programme takes 30 months to complete and learners can start anytime.
By the end of training, apprentices will have learned the skills to:
- supervise and provide instruction to team members using a range of effective communication and interpersonal skills
- implement and monitor indoor crop production operations to achieve production goals and standards, including:
- operational tasks from planting to harvesting including pest and disease management, agri-chemical use and understanding plant growing cycles
- quality standards and regulatory requirements
- production goals
- greenhouse environmental control systems to maintain optimal conditions for plant growth
- plant biology
- crop harvesting plans
- indoor crop protection plan
- indoor crop production management techniques.