New Zealand Apprenticeship in Post Harvest
Level 3 and Level 4
Level of study
Cost (incl GST)
Learners must be employed in the sector.
*Vehicle and machinery units available at an additional cost. Programme part of Government’s Free Trades Training initiative which may mean a subsidised price.
This comprehensive programme is ideal if people are currently working in the industry with some general work experience and have a desire to develop a career in Post Harvest. Learners will learn skills to allow them to work in a self-managed capacity with some responsibility for other staff and have an overview of key aspects of post harvest operations.
This programme takes 27 months to complete and learners can start anytime.
The New Zealand Apprenticeship in Post-Harvest is a composite level 3 and 4 programme.
Graduates will be able to:
- supervise and provide instruction to team members using a range of effective communication and interpersonal skills
- implement and monitor post-harvest operations to achieve production goals and standards, including:
- operations and continuous improvement.
- horticulture product storage life and post-harvest treatments.
- post-harvest tasks.
- operation of post-harvest equipment.
- implement and monitor standards to achieve production goals, including:
- quality standards and regulatory requirements
- goals in a post-harvest workplace
- food safety procedures
- develop standard operating procedures, or
- develop health and safety practices, or
- participate in a quality audit.