New Zealand Certificate in Dairy Processing
Level of study
13 - 16 months
Learners must be employed in the sector and must engage in training via their employer.
Developed with industry input, the Dairy Processing Level 4 programme is the next step for staff in a lead operator, or similar role, with two to three years of experience. The programme has six compulsory topics covering essential food safety, environmental, and business processes. There are more than 30 optional topics which include modules to suit various dairy processes, alongside business operations knowledge such as inventory checks, quality and automated systems, and product storage.
Learners are also able to complete some additional unit standards in Automated Cleaning and Heat Treatment if they are applicable to the plant or process they work in.
This programme takes 13 - 16 months to complete and employees can start anytime.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- plan and manage work priorities in a dairy processing operation
- collate and communicate workplace information in a dairy processing operation
- coordinate health and safety, quality, environmental, and sustainability practices in a dairy processing operation
- coordinate and monitor food safety requirements in a dairy processing operation
- operate and monitor a dairy processing operation to meet operational requirements.
Graduates of the Automated Cleaning and Heat Treatment strands will be able to:
- coordinate automated clean-in-place processing operations
- coordinate heat treatment processing requirements.