Person Responsible EnChem - Micro-credential
Level of study
Learners must be employed in a relevant workplace in a role that involves the operation of unattended small steam or hot water boilers.
This micro-credential is designed to provide people with the skills and knowledge to supervise the operation of unattended small steam or hot water boilers, and to meet safety and operational requirements.
- identify and describe rights and responsibilities for workplace health and safety under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA)
- describe the function and use of on-site personnel safety equipment and systems, and identify responsibilities under the HSWA
- monitor on site personnel safety equipment and the use of personnel protective equipment in an energy and chemical plant
- describe the requirements for the supervision and operation of unattended small steam or hot water boilers
- operate and monitor an unattended boiler and the boiler feedwater system
- explain safety procedures for boiler house chemicals, and safely use boiler house chemicals in an energy and chemical plant.