New Zealand Certificate in Distribution - Dairy Processing
Level of study
Learners must be employed in the sector and must engage in training via their employer.
Suitable for anyone with at least three months experience in a Distribution and/or Warehousing operation. Learn a number of fundamentals related to working in the operation including receiving and dispatching goods and carrying out store operations, while also developing knowledge on some key elements of being part of the dairy industry such as working and communicating effectively as part of a team, and quality assurance requirements including hygiene and food safety.
Learners will also develop their knowledge related to complying with workplace safety and environmental requirements.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- apply health, safety and security practices to ensure own safety and minimise potential hazards for any customers and co-workers in a distribution environment
- communicate with staff, managers, and customers
- apply standard operating procedures and the code of conduct to a work role applicable to a distribution environment
- receive and dispatch goods in a distribution environment
- carry out store operations and inventory control in a distribution environment