New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture - Landscape Construction
Level of study
Cost (incl GST)
Learners must be employed in the sector.
*Non-funded fee from: $4,267.65. Please note, this fee will only apply for non-funded learners – learners who are not employed in the industry, do not meet the entry requirements of the programme, or are not classed as “domestic learners” under the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) funding rules. For more information, visit the TEC website here.
The Level 3 Landscape Construction programme is for those who are new to the industry to set them up with the essentials they need to be successful in their role.
Graduates will be able to:
- Work as an effective team member using a range of effective communication and interpersonal skills and apply safe work practices.
- Apply knowledge of site requirements for hard and soft landscaping and carry out routine tasks associated with implementing landscape projects. Topics include:
- Assisting with the site set up.
- Understanding materials required, preparing an order of materials for timber landscape features and constructing these features.
- Identifying the physical characteristics, and range of, plants used in amenity horticulture, selecting and planting plants and applying mulches.
- Understanding of water flow and drainage systems, and preparing and laying drainage elements.
- Operating and maintaining power tools and small machinery used.
- Understanding the use of concrete and reinforcing and laying of hard surfaces.
- Identifying and sowing turfgrass seed or laying turf areas.