Operate a Tractor in the Primary Industry - Micro-credential
Level of study
Cost (incl GST)
Learners must be employed in the sector.
* Programme part of Government’s Free Trades Training initiative which may mean a subsidised price.
Quickly set learners up with the knowledge and skills required to operate a tractor safely and confidently with this bite sized qualification.
Suitable for those with little or no experience with tractors who may be new to the primary industries. For example, new entrants, career change people, and working visa holders.
Pre-requisites: Learners need to work for a business in the primary industries where tractors are used in day-to-day operations.
On completion of this programme, learners will be able to:
- identify the legal requirements for tractor use
- identify hazards, and describe control measures, and requirements for reporting accidents or near misses
- attach and detach a power take off driven 3 point linkage mounted implement
- operate a tractor on flat terrain
- describe factors that affect tractor stability and dynamics of a tractor with attached implements
- operate a tractor and power take off (PTO) driven implement.