Operate a Light Utility Vehicle (LUV) in the Primary Industry - Micro-credential)
Level of study
Cost (incl GST)
Learners must be employed in the sector.
*Non-funded fee: $1,330.29. Please note, this fee will only apply for non-funded learners – learners who are not employed in the industry, do not meet the entry requirements of the programme, or are not classed as “domestic learners” under the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) funding rules. For more information, visit the TEC website here.
Suitable for those with little or no experience, working with light utility vehicles in the primary industries. Quickly set learners up with the knowledge and skills required to operate a LUV safely and confidently with this bite sized qualification.
Pre-requisites: To take the course, learners need to work for a business in the primary industries where LUVs are used in day-to-day operations.
On completion of this programme, learners will be able to:
- describe the safe operation of a LUV
- describe LUV driving contingency procedures
- describe the safe operation of a LUV with trailed equipment and a mounted load
- prepare to, and drive a LUV on flat terrain
- operate a LUV with a trailed equipment
- operate a LUV with equipment or load
- operate a LUV on rolling terrain.