Operate a Light Utility Vehicle (LUV) in the Primary Industry - Micro-credential)
Level of study
Cost (incl GST)
Learners must be employed in the sector.
* Programme part of Government’s Free Trades Training initiative which may mean a subsidised price.
Suitable for those with little or no experience, working with light utility vehicles in the primary industries. Quickly set learners up with the knowledge and skills required to operate a LUV safely and confidently with this bite sized qualification.
Pre-requisites: To take the course, learners need to work for a business in the primary industries where LUVs are used in day-to-day operations.
On completion of this programme, learners will be able to:
- describe the safe operation of a LUV
- describe LUV driving contingency procedures
- describe the safe operation of a LUV with trailed equipment and a mounted load
- prepare to, and drive a LUV on flat terrain
- operate a LUV with a trailed equipment
- operate a LUV with equipment or load
- operate a LUV on rolling terrain.